Short Answer. No. Here is why
- Buying Options, in the long run, is a losing strategy. Read more here
- If you just switch from buying to selling, you will turn around your P&L. Read more here
- If you are going to buy options, you need to understand that you have to get your view right in a massive way before expiry. This is because you need to recover the premium you paid, and make profits
- Every day you keep an option bought, your option will erode in value because of time value decay. This decay will increase exponentially
- Implied volatility is something you should always look at. If you buy at a very high IV, the option price will fall massively when IV goes down. Besides your daily time value decay will be higher too.
- Do not buy Put options and call option simultaneously hoping to make money on something. This never works well. You will lose time value on both.